2017年6月6日火曜日

Idea for poster for La La Land

Hello everyone!

This is  Tak who's a graphic designer for a hobby for now.

And I decided to make this diary, thinking this may help me, and others to understand how to come up with ideas, compose them, and finish the product.

With that being said, let's get started!


This time I made a poster for La La Land.



First idea looks like this below.



This is the famous cut from the movie, where Sebastian, and Mia dances together for the first time.
I wanted to make a poster from this cut, making this image very simple by using circles to draw everything in it.

It didn't work out much, and also I thought this cut only didn't do enough job.

So the next idea was to put together the scenes which was impressive for me during the movie.





In the picture above, I listed up the scenes from the movie, and decided to put which scenes in which part.

Next, detail on those pictures.


< Up Left >


< Up Right >

< Down Left >

< Down Right >




For background for those images above, I put the circles there, making it simple, and more LA-ish.


Next thing is colour.

The inspiration of the colour for those image came from those those.

Bunch of umbrellas for the scene where Mia, and Sebastian are talking at the cafe
Backpack for the scene where Mia is singing at the audition
A umbrella for the scene where Sebastian is singing on the bride


And when all those come in together, it looks like this.



I'm not sure if I did a good job explaining the process of finishing this graphic art, but I hope you enjoy this blog.

If you enjoy reading, or want to read something more like this article, please give me a Like or a comment on this blog, or my Instagram feed. It encourages me to keep posting a lot.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿